WPF Elements Not Recognised On Specific Environment

Ask general questions here.
LittlestHobo

WPF Elements Not Recognised On Specific Environment

Post by LittlestHobo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello

Firstly, Apologies for the vagueness of this topic I was hoping others may have experienced this and may be able to throw some ideas. So basically, I had a WPF Application, and I am unable to view via Ranorex Spy OR Microsoft Inspect the Tree Navigation Nodes any more (They were mapped to Ranorex fine at one point).

As per another support ticket raised, I tried using the inspect tool and as the nodes were not visible at all I reported this to the development team here as a software issue.

After much investigation it appears this issue is limited to around 50% of our machines even tho the software is of the same version.

I have tried on one environment:

Full removal and reinstall of .Net 4.5 4.6.1 and 4.6.2
Full Removal and reinstall of Ranorex 6.2.1 then upgrade to 7.0
Ensure both processes are started by the same user
Not running from a network path

Obviously the fact that some of our machines can see the node via inspect (says its environment, but is there any other "Try this" ideas?

Thank you !

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WPF Elements Not Recognised On Specific Environment

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello LittlestHobo,

The most common culprit of object recognition issues are due to user permissions. Try running both Ranorex and your application as administrator and disable windows UAC. You can also try running both without admin rights (sometimes works). Anti-virus can also have an effect on object recognition issues. Try temporarily disabling any anti-virus to see if this resolves your issue. If it does, add Ranorex to its white/safe list.

If this does not work, I recommend comparing the the working and non-working environments to try and find what is different. A snapshot file (*.rxsnp) from each machine may also help us debug the issue. What version of Ranorex are you using? Have you tried toggling some of the WPF plugin settings (Ranorex Studio > Settings > Plugins > WPF)? Have you tried the new WPF plugin introduced in Ranorex 7.0 (WPFImproved)? I hope this helps!
-Ned

LittlestHobo

Re: WPF Elements Not Recognised On Specific Environment

Post by LittlestHobo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks for this post, I had read most of the posts around this issue, what confused us was why certain machines work and some don't, but this certainly gives me more to look at, which is great!

I will try getting my AV disabled and disable UAC.

If this fails I will gather snapshots and update ASAP.

I am on Ranorex 7.0 , ill also try the WPF settings within 7.0