WPF hmi, Click on a button on a popup window, unsuccessful

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
cubacuba

WPF hmi, Click on a button on a popup window, unsuccessful

Post by cubacuba » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:44 am

Hello Community,

ranorex 5.4.4.26486

I stayed on this point already very long. If some one could give me some advices, that is a big help.Thanks

I am testing a WPF HMI. It shows a popup window automatically. Test case just need to click on a button on this popup window.

If i use view spy, the path of the button in popup window is always the same.

Problem:
When the popup window is showed. I start the testcase. This button is always clicked and the HMI reacts.

If I use a delay and let the software repeat to click on the button in popup window. It just does it for the first time. Ranorex shows, every click is successful. But the HMI doesnt react.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WPF hmi, Click on a button on a popup window, unsuccessful

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:57 am

Hi cubacuba,

First of all, I suggest updating Ranorex to the latest supported version (5.4.6 / 6.0.1). If the problem still occurs, I'd need additional information about the application under test and your Ranorex Project.
Therefore, please attach a Ranorex Snapshot and a compressed Copy of your Ranorex project to your post.
If you don't want to upload the files here, you can send it to [email protected]

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Markus (S)

Martin

Re: WPF hmi, Click on a button on a popup window, unsuccessful

Post by Martin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:38 am

Not a lot of information to act upon related to the defect - but it might be a related issue on how the IE download bar acts.

Check if the xPath doesn't change for the elemnt or pop-up after each interaction (or call to it). For example how IE download bar works - when it's created and you have interacted with it, the bar will get hidden but the elements are still there just not displayed to the user. So automation wise you will still be able to click the "Confirm" download button for example.