WPF List Adapter Showing No Children.

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Shuai

WPF List Adapter Showing No Children.

Post by Shuai » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi all,

I guess this question also belongs to the Ranorex Spy category.

When detecting WPF List adapters, Ranorex spy shows no listitems for the parent list. In the 'Overview' window in the Spy tool, I am able to see the 'SelectedItem' and 'SelectedItemValue' attributes in grey. However, when retrieving the string value of the selected button using 'Get_SelectedItemText', a null pointer is returned.

How can I get the string value of the button selected in a WPF list?

Thanks a ton,
Shar

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: WPF List Adapter Showing No Children.

Post by odklizec » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:16 am

Hi Shar,

I'm afraid, there are missing some crucial information in your post, like Ranorex version, OS version and mainly Ranorex snapshot of the element in question. Ideally, it would be great to see also an example app with given WPF element (not necessarily your production app). Just a simple "hello world" kind of app would be nice ;)

Since Ranorex 5.3.0, there is used new, dramatically improved, WPF plugin. So if you are using an older version than 5.3, try to upgrade to the latest 5.4 or at least 5.3.3 (last 5.3.x bug fix version).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Shuai

Re: WPF List Adapter Showing No Children.

Post by Shuai » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am using Ranorex 5.3.2 on a Windows XP 32-bit.

I think updating my Ranorex is one solution, but I've also found a way around this. Whenever I use Spy to track a WPF list, Spy also seems to generate another version of this Adapter (which contains all of its children and their properties) and offers a different xPath.

Will see if I run into the same issue after updating.

Thanks a lot.
Shar