.Xml file transfer

Ask general questions here.
kavya13

.Xml file transfer

Post by kavya13 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

Hello Team,

Kindly let me know, I have added .xml and UiConfig9 files in my machine which was in another machine. I tried to execute the Ranorex development code but I am not getting the correct result.

Thanks in advance.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: .Xml file transfer

Post by odklizec » Tue May 12, 2020 9:10 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, I don't have a clue what you are trying to do? Could you please add some more details about the what exactly you want to achieve? What is UIConfig9 file and what xml you added and where?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

kavya13

Post by kavya13 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 am

Dear Team,

Thanks for your response.

I have transferred RanorexConfig9.Xml and RanorexUiConfig9 file created in another machine to my machine and I am trying to execute the Ranorex development code but there is variation in the result.

Kindly suggest any steps.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue May 12, 2020 11:48 am

Hi,

These files are related to Ranorex Studio UI settings and general settings. However, settings are usually stored inside Solution. And this is also the best way to assure that the test is using the same settings on all machines. Are you sure that the settings are are stored directly in your solution? You should see this in solution tree...
Solution_Settings.png
Solution_Settings.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 73 times
If settings are not included in your solution, then the solution was made with an ancient Ranorex version and must be included manually (By Create solution settings button in solution tree).

Also, different results could be caused by different OS, different verison of AUT, different browser version (in case of web tests), missing, different or corrupted system requirements...
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... uirements/
So you have to make sure that everything is the same on both machines and eventually, reinstall all system requirements.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration