Install and Set Up Ranorex Agent
Install the Ranorex Agent
- Download the installation package. Alternatively, you can click the 'Add Ranorex Agent' link in the Remote Pad in Ranorex Studio.
- Accept the terms in the License Agreement and press 'Install'
Wait for the Setup Wizard to finish installing the Ranorex Agent
Note Depending on your windows system configuration, you might need to give your consent in the Windows User Account Control.
- The installation has finished
Check ‘Start Ranorex Agent’ to automatically open the agent. The 'First Run Wizard' will guide you through the set up.
Setting up the Ranorex Agent
- The display name will help you manage your Ranorex Agents in the Remote Pad of Ranorex Studio.
- You need to install Ranorex Runtime to execute tests.
You can decide to install Ranorex Runtime manually or at a future point in time.
If you choose to install Ranorex Runtime at this point, it will immediately download and install automatically.
Please wait until the Ranorex Runtime installation is complete.
- Configuration finished.
Make sure the steps for preparing the agent’s host machine are completed.
The Ranorex Agent has been configured and the setup is finished. Press 'Next' to open the main window of the agent.