Settings in Ranorex
Use the Ranorex Settings to adjust the test automation software to the needs of your working environment, test execution, project and technology.
You can find a full list of settings here: Settings Overview
User settings and solution settings
Settings can be divided into two groups: user settings and solution settings. Each setting belongs to one of these groups.
User settings are always stored locally on a machine and include user specific settings related to the Ranorex Studio working environment. Find out more here: User settings
Solution settings include all settings which relate to the test solution, such as plugins, RanoreXPath generation, Ranorex Recorder defaults and many more, which can be shared between different systems, within teams and also be put under Version control. Find out more here: Solution settings
Where to access settings
There are three ways to open the 'Settings' dialog:
- Click on the 'Settings' button within Ranorex Studio.
- Click on the 'Settings' button within Ranorex Spy.
- Click on the 'Settings' button within Ranorex Recorder.
To maintain settings (user settings and solution settings) stored locally on a machine, without having Ranorex Studio, Ranorex Spy or Ranorex Recorder, do the following:
- Start Ranorex Settings application from Windows Start Menu or
- Start the Ranorex Settings executable from folder 'Bin' in the Ranorex installation directory.
Open 'Settings' from Ranorex Studio
Open 'Settings' from Ranorex Spy
Open 'Settings' from Ranorex Recorder
Ranorex Settings dialog