Regression testing software can help you make the manual regression testing process automated. It can save a lot of time and effort. But what is regression testing software? What should you look for when you are deciding on the regression testing tool of your choice?...
On this page, you’ll find out how to track and identify single UI elements with the Track button from a recording module or repository file in Ranorex Studio.
Test example definition
To explain tracking with the Track button, we’ll use the Test database of the Ranorex Studio Demo Application.
The test database working environment.
The Track button is available in different locations:
- In an opened recording module in the repository toolbar
- In an opened repository file
- In Ranorex Spy
The Track button in Spy works a little differently, which is why we explain it separately as part of the Ranorex Spy chapter.
Start Ranorex Studio and create a new blank solution.
Open the default recording module and click the Track… button in the repository toolbar.
Once the UI element has been tracked and identified, the tracking process ends and you’re returned to Ranorex Studio. There, you can see the created repository item of the UI element.
The RanoreXPath of the repository item. This path identifies the position of the UI element in the AUT’s UI.
Tracking mechanism for the Track button
- When you click the Track button, the tracking process starts and is ready to track and identify exactly one UI element.
- The tracking process ends automatically after tracking one UI element.
- Pressing F12 during the tracking process pauses tracking. This allows you to click elements without tracking them. This way, you can track UI elements hidden in drop-down lists or menus which need to be opened first.