Install a node-locked license
In this chapter, we’ll show you how to install a node-locked license step by step. We’ll cover both online and offline installation.
Open license configuration
First, open the license configuration dialog.
Start Ranorex Studio as an administrator.
Go to Help > Licensing…. The configuration dialog opens.
Install with internet connection
- Active internet connection (to connect to the Ranorex License Authentication Server)
- Make sure the license you want to install isn’t already installed on a different machine. If you want to transfer a license, ⇢ reach this chapter..
To install the license:
In the license configuration dialog, paste your license key that you received by email.
Ranorex Studio automatically registers the license with the Ranorex License Authentication Server. This completes the installation.
If the machine you want to install the license on can’t connect to the Ranorex License Authentication Server, the following error message will appear:
Do one of the following:
Save the license file.
Send the file to [email protected] with the email subject License file authentication.
We will authenticate the file and send it back to you.
Proceed with step 6 under Install without internet connection.
Click No and proceed with step 1 under Install without internet connection.
Install without internet connection
While we recommend installation with an active internet connection, you can also install a node-locked license on a machine that can’t connect to the internet and, therefore, to the Ranorex License Authentication Server.
- A different machine WITH an internet connection
- A way to transfer a file from the machine with internet to the one without, e.g. a USB stick.
- Make sure the license you want to install isn’t already installed on a different machine. If you want to transfer a license, read this chapter.
To install the license:
On the online machine, go to http://auth.ranorex.com/license/.
Under License Key, enter the license key you received by email.
Under Machine Name, enter the name of the machine you want to install the license on, i.e. the offline machine.
To find out the machine name, go to Help > About in Ranorex Studio.
The Ranorex License Authentication Server creates an authenticated license file based on your data. You need to download this file and transfer it to the offline machine.
Click Download Authenticated License File and transfer the downloaded file to the offline machine, e.g. using a USB stick.
Browse to the authenticated license file.