This chapter introduces the various options for setting and configuring reports.
In this chapter
Accessing report settings
Report settings are accessed through the Property pane of the corresponding test suite.
Click Properties in the context menu
In the settings window, click the Report register tab
Report file & directory settings
Report file & directory settings are changed in the top of the report settings dialog.
- If de-selected, no report (files) will be created
Option to select an individual report file directory for storing Ranorex report files
- If a folder is selected here, this folder is replacing the former standard report directory
Option to design/create the automated standard report file name
Set of file name parts for automated report file names (set available as tool-tip)
Setting the ‘Auto-save-interval’ and the type of report timestamps is done in the report settings.
Definition of timestamp in reports
Enabling compressed reports
The creation of compressed report copies can be set in the report settings dialog.
Enabling JUnit-compatible reports
In Ranorex 7.0 and above, JUnit-compatible reports for use in CI tools can automatically be created.
Show invisible characters in values
Enable this option to display otherwise invisible characters in report values.
Setting report templates
The various options for defining, applying and changing report templates can also be set in the report settings dialog.
The concept of report customization by means of report templates is introduced and explained in > Ranorex Studio fundamentals > Reporting > ⇢ Report customization.
Tracing screenshot settings
The settings for tracing screenshots in reports are to be defined in the lower part of the settings dialog.
- Foreground: Tracing screenshot is captured before the corresponding action is executed (more accurate, but slower performance)
- Background: Tracing screenshot is captured while action is being executed (less accurate, better performance)
- Off: No tracing screenshots are captured
Button Apply must be clicked in order to apply changed settings
Video reporting lets you record a test run as a collection of videos. This also works on Ranorex Agents.
- Off: Video reporting is disabled. No videos will be recorded.
- Failed test cases only: Records the entire test run, but saves videos for failed test cases only.
- All test cases: Records and saves videos for all test cases.
Ranorex Studio records a separate video for each test case. For the purpose of video reporting, test case means:
- Test cases
- Setup/teardown regions outside of test cases
The bitrate of the videos in kilobytes per second. Lower values make video files smaller, but also lower image quality.
The frame rate of the videos in frames per second. Lower values make video files smaller, but fewer frames also mean less information.
Select the screen you want Ranorex Studio to record. The screen numbers correspond to the display settings in Windows. Auto uses the screen the mouse is on at the start of the test run.
If you only have three screens and select screen 4, Ranorex Studio will automatically record the primary screen as defined in the display settings in Windows.