In this chapter, we’ll explain the available settings for endpoints.
Most of the settings explained here are valid for Android, iOS, and WebDriver endpoints. WebDriver endpoints have some additional, more complex settings that we explain separately in ⇢ Add a WebDriver endpoint.
Click the button to the right of an endpoint to bring up its settings.
Set as automation root
- Click to set an endpoint as the automation root.
- This means that tests will only be able to interact with this endpoint and will receive and send all data for test execution through this endpoint.
- To reflect this, the run buttons in the Ranorex Studio toolbar and the test suite/recorder view will change accordingly. You can also set an endpoint as the automation root by clicking the symbol to its left in the endpoint list.
View details – Displays a detailed view of the endpoint’s properties:
- Connection status and type
- Endpoint name
- Ranorex Service (version of the Ranorex Service App)
- OS of the mobile device (Android/iOS only)
- Instrumented apps (Android/iOS only. Click the symbol next to an app to start it on the device. Click the rocket button to ⇢ instrument and deploy an app to the device).
Instrument and deploy app (Android/iOS only)
- Click to ⇢ instrument and deploy an app to the mobile device.
- Opens the ⇢ Ranorex Instrumentation Wizard.
Save ADB log (Android only)
- Saves the log file of the Android debug bridge.
Refresh/Edit/Delete – self-explanatory
Be careful when editing the endpoint’s address. A wrong address will result in a connection error and test failure.