Testing is a crucial part of the software creation process. It ensures that your code is working correctly and that all bugs are found before the software lands in the hands of consumers. But it can be difficult to explain these tests and their results to investors...
How to use Customer Admin portal
Learn how to manage your organization’s instance and the users given the workflows possible with the Admin role.
While our dev team would often register the first designated admin(s), we will also cover the account self-registration process in this article.
Starting at the home page of the instance, you need to click the “Sign Up” link in the top right:
Access & Navigation
- “User Management” (aka the landing screen itself) showcases the activity statistics both at the instance and at the individual levels.
- “Invite User” allows you to manually add users one-by-one to your organization, without the need for them to sign up. This can also be accomplished by the green button on the right side.
“Customize” includes the “Export Fields” feature which allows you to determine the fields & formats of the export options like Xray, Zephyr, ALM, etc.
Organization details displays the license information, where you can edit only the approved domains, and the summary of users by period.
Statistics Table reflects the name and the email associated with the account, dates of creation and last login, cumulative usage metrics, and the allowed actions (for users other than yourself) – Enable/Disable and Make/Remove Organization Admin. You can filter the table by either Name or Email or both. You can sort it by any column other than Actions.
Side note: “computations” stands for the number of Scenario clicks that resulted in the “fresh” generation, not the retrieval of cached ones.
Workflow #1: Manage Users & Domains
The second link is for disabling users – either for the reason of license seat limitations or them leaving the company or any other. You can choose to enable those users later – they will keep all their assets intact.
Lastly, you can edit the email domains associated with the access to your organization:
Workflow #2: Invite User
Workflow #3: Manage Export Configurations
You can have multiple configurations for the same target export if, e.g., teams have diverse options for relevant metadata columns.
Then, for a given configuration, you would define the list of fields, their format, and potential values:
There are 3 field types available:
- “Populated automatically” – depending on your scripting in DesignWise (Manual or Automate), certain core elements like Step Description or Gherkin Scenario Steps will be pulled from the source and will not be editable in the export dialog itself.
- “Alternate Name” allows changing the displayed column name after export, which can make the mapping setup for test management tools easier.
- “Naming Convention” and “Example” for the Test Name can provide the template tooltip for syntax rules.
- Text – fairly standard string field that can be left blank or specified with the default value.
- Dropdown – can handle the single selection with the options separated by commas (you can refer to the tooltips in the 4th column header for syntax guidance).
Keep in mind that you need to click “Update” for any adjustments to take effect.