Ranorex Studio start page
The Studio start page is not only the place from where to start new test solutions but also a continual information resource and constant link to Ranorex. Therefore, we are happy to introduce and explain this page herein.
Structure of this chapter
Ranorex Studio start page overview
The Ranorex Studio start page is the initial working environment after opening the program. Many of the herein described components implement a ‘live‘ view, i.e. an internet connection is required.
Ranorex Studio start page main components
- Control center to start a new test solution or to open an existing test solution
- List of recently opened test projects and files
- Available sample projects
- Most of them are referenced from within the user guide
- The indicator of license type with the date of expiry
- Click the region to find out more about your current license
- Area with link to fundamental information in user guide
- Link to featured information on automated testing
- Interesting information about the current release
- Link to valuable information in our blog
Ranorex Studio start page shows the current version information of your Ranorex installation. A detailed version information can be viewed by opening the corresponding menu.
Click > Help > About in the menu bar
Current Ranorex Studio version information
When connected to the internet, Ranorex Studio automatically informs you about the up-to-dateness of your Ranorex installation. A green information bar in the start page informs you about available newer versions.
Indicator for available newer Ranorex version
The current license information is displayed on the start page. A click into the license information area shows you the details of your current license model.
Example for a current license model