#2 Start a new test solution
Starting a new test solution will take you two minutes. Follow the instructions below.
Structure of this chapter
Open Ranorex Studio
- Ranorex Studio usually opens automatically after installation
- If not, open the Windows start menu and search for the Ranorex Studio program icon
Ranorex Studio program icon in Windows start menu
Start a new test solution
Ranorex Studio opens with the start page. A new test solution can be created easily:
Creation of a new test solution
Introduction to Studio working environment
Ranorex Studio opens with an empty working environment. The detailed explanation of this environment or any other part or function of Ranorex Studio is beyond the scope of this introduction. Therefore, only the main parts of the initial working environment are explained herein.
Ranorex Studio initial working environment
Project file view
The project file view displays all folders and files which are necessarily administrated along with a test solution.
Module browser view
This view is mainly used to build more complex test cases based upon modular test recordings, or code modules.
Recorder view – action table
- The main section of the Studio working environment is for the recorded actions and the identified and managed UI-elements.
- Every recorded action is listed in the upper part of this working environment.
Recorder view – UI-elements repository
- Every identified UI-element is listed in the lower part of this working environment.
- Actions and UI-elements are linked together – a concept which is explained in more detail in a further chapter