Setting up Ranorex WebtestitThis first chapter will show you how to install Ranorex Webtestit and create your first project.
Structure of this chapter
1. Download and install Ranorex WebtestitRanorex Webtestit is available for Windows, macOS and Linux. Go to My account navigate to the download section and get the appropriate version for your operating system. If you don’t have a Ranorex Account yet, you can sign up here. After the download completes, install the app on your computer. On Windows and Mac, you just double-click the installer package. On Linux use your distribution’s package manager to install Ranorex Webtestit.
2. Download and install JavaYou'll need Java in order to set up Selenium for your project. If Java has not been installed on your computer yet, you need to download and install the Java SE Runtime Environment. If you're going to write your tests in Java as well, you need to download the Java SE Development Kit (JDK). Ranorex Webtestit will check if a valid Java installation is available when creating a new project. You cannot create a project without the correct Java Framework installed.
3. Sign in with your accountWhen launching Ranorex Webtestit for the first time, you'll be prompted for your Ranorex account information.
4. Create a new projectIn the Welcome tab, click the New Project link.
On the Create new project dialog, provide a project name. For the first project, we chose a classic "hello world" moniker. But you may choose any name you prefer.
Select a location where to save your project, the scripting language, and the automation framework of your choice. Hit Save to create your project. Ranorex Webtestit will set up your environment and install all necessary dependencies for you.
5. Install the Ranorex Selocity Extension for ChromeRanorex Webtestit connects with Ranorex Selocity to provide you the best possible experience. Ranorex Selocity is a browser extension for Google Chrome. It integrates with the browser's developer tools and helps you create robust Selectors for your website's or app's HTML elements.
At the moment, Ranorex Selocity is only available for Google Chrome. If you don't have Google Chrome installed on your computer, you can download it here.
Click this link to add Ranorex Selocity to Google Chrome.
After you have added the extension, open Chrome's developer tools (hit F12 on Windows and Linux or Option + Command + i on a Mac). In the Elements tab, you'll find a new Ranorex Selocity tab.