Testing is a crucial part of the software creation process. It ensures that your code is working correctly and that all bugs are found before the software lands in the hands of consumers. But it can be difficult to explain these tests and their results to investors...
Ranorex Studio Certification
Demonstrate your expertise in test automation and working with Ranorex Studio.
Why should I get certified?
Today test automation becomes more and more important for every test team. It’s no longer a task solely operated by software developers or technical testers. Improve your knowledge and get certified and increase the chance for additional responsibilities within your test team.
Fill in knowledge gaps
Even if you’ve already realized multiple test automation projects with Ranorex Studio you might not be aware of other alternative framework or scripting approaches. Especially in a growing test automation team it is important to understand how Ranorex Studio can assist you with organizing your test automation framework best.
Ensure you are on track and cut costs
Sure. Automated testing can save money, but testing with Ranorex Studio does not automatically guarantee success. Especially in early stages of test automation projects it is essential to understand how and where to get started first in order to receive the “Quick Wins” – not only for you as a tester, but also for test managers.
Benefit for test takers
- Enrich your CV with a high-value tool certificate.
- Recommend yourself for future tasks in QA within your company.
- Show people around you what you know.
- Get your user account highlighted as certified in the Ranorex Online Forum
- Get access to the LinkedIn-Group exclusively for Certified Professionals
Benefits for companies
- Evaluate the knowledge of your employees in test automation with Ranorex Studio.
- See your employee’s strengths in the tool.
- Impress your customers.
Personal certification page
Get your personal certification page (sample certification page) on the Ranorex website. It’s available to the public so everyone out there is able to verify your certification status instantly. After passing the exam we will provide you a link to your personal certification page via email.
Feel free to use the official certification email banner (download as JPG or PNG) in your signature and to link it to your personal certification page.
Ranorex Certification – Quick facts
- Time limit: 90 minutes – the exam has to be completed in one sitting.
- Length: There are 70 questions, divided into chapters containing 50 fixed and 20 randomly chosen questions from a question bank
- Format: The questions are single choice, multiple choice and assignment questions.
- Navigation: It is not allowed to go back and change answers of previous questions.
- Scoring: Correctly answered questions score 8 points. Incorrectly answered questions score 0 points. Partially correct answers count as incorrect, i.e. score 0 points.
- Passing: To pass the exam, you need to reach at least 70 % of the available points
- Language: The certificate (questions and answers) is available in English language only.
What will be tested – Syllabus
The syllabus sets out the knowledge you need to obtain to pass the certification exam.
- Syllabus CP-9.0 (9.0, 9.1)
- Syllabus CP-1.1 (6.2 and earlier)
- Syllabus CP-2.0 (7.0, 7.1
- Syllabus CP-3.0 (7.2, 8.0, 8.1)
Attend a Ranorex Studio training
Attending one of our workshops or training courses provided by our official Ranorex partner(s) is an excellent way to prepare for the exam. Follow the link to see an overview of available trainings.
If you decide to prepare for the exam on your own, make sure you study the syllabus first. It outlines the certification procedure and what will be tested. It also contains advice on learning materials to help you prepare, like the user guide, our resources, and webinars.
Online demo exam
Use the free demo exam to test your knowledge in working with Ranorex Studio and find out how the Ranorex Studio Certification exam works.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a developer to take the exam?
No, that’s definitely not the case. Please see the syllabus for more details on the question.
Where do I get the needed information?
Please see the syllabus for further information.
Does the certificate expire?
The certificate does not expire. Regardless, it’s recommended that you renew the exam every two years or so since Ranorex Studio functionality is continuously being extended.
How many attempts do I have?
You get one attempt per payment.
Where can I find some sample questions?
Sample questions can be found here.
What happens if my internet connection is lost during the exam?
In case of an internet outage, attendees will always be able to pick up where they left off by restarting the browser. Answers are saved in the cloud every step of the way.
What happens if I need to restart my computer during the exam?
How many questions are there?
There are 70 questions structured in chapters. 50 questions are fixed; 20 questions are randomly chosen from a question bank.
How long does the test take?
This depends on your speed in answering the questions. The timeout for the exam is 90 minutes.
I took the test. What’s next?
You will receive an email with the test results within 5 working days.
Ranorex at its sole discretion may contact each participant to reassess the results of the certification before sending the test results.
I passed the exam. What's next?
You will receive the certification document by mail.
Residents of the United States will receive the certification document by email.
Your personal certification page is available as soon as you receive the positive test results.
Do I get a payment receipt?
Yes, an order confirmation is sent to you immediately after pruchasing the certification. Additionally, you will receive an invoice within a few business days.
Does the exam also work on mobile devices.
Yes, it does. Please see the tool vendor’s FAQ (system requirements) for more information.
What Terms and Conditions apply for the certification?
You can find the Terms and Conditions that apply for the certification exam here.