Europe’s #1 software testing conference – EuroSTAR Conference – took place for the fifth time this year in the Netherlands between the 2nd and the 5th of November 2015 at MECC Maastricht. My colleague Alexander Walentin and I joined many other global software testing professionals in taking part.
Here are the hot topics that were discussed most frequently at our booth:
- My business process covers different applications, technologies and devices. Can Ranorex help me with that?With Ranorex you can create test cases that handle different technologies in several applications and on multiple devices. Also, within a single test case you can combine different applications, technologies and devices to cover the entire business process.
- Do I have to learn any new or additional scripting languages to use Ranorex?With Ranorex you don’t have to learn any new scripting language. With the help of our Recorder and Action Table, domain testers can completely design, create and maintain tests without writing a single line of code.If you need coding, or if you prefer to write code, you can make use of the full power of the Microsoft .NET framework and write your user code in C# or VB.NET.
- The user interface (UI) of my system under test changes often. Does that mean that I have to maintain all my test scripts independently?Object identification in Ranorex is based on the use of the so-called RanoreXPath. All needed details for identifying a UI element is combined in this path, which takes care of simple changes in the UI as well as added containers or changing a button’s position.The Ranorex Repository works as a single point of maintenance so items can be reused in multiple modules and test cases. If you have to adapt a path, you just do it on one place so all modules continue to use the correct GUI object.
- Nov 18, 2015: The European Software Testing Awards in London, UK
- Jan 18-21, 2016: Software Quality Days in Vienna, Austria