Updating Traditional Test Plans for a DevOps Environment
To truly trust the value of the software you’re delivering, you should actively develop and maintain a strategic test plan. But traditional test planning has a reputation as a cumbersome, time-consuming, top-down approach.
A test plan for a continuous testing environment must be flexible and aligned to the boundaries of the phases in the DevOps pipeline. Read this ebook to understand what a modern, lightweight approach to test planning looks like in a DevOps environment.
- Overview of traditional test planning practices
- Key aspects of modern test planning
- Testing phases in a DevOps pipeline
- Differences in planning for manual and automation projects
- Using mind maps for agile test plans
- Documenting tests in code
- Crafting a continuous testing plan