Regression testing software can help you make the manual regression testing process automated. It can save a lot of time and effort. But what is regression testing software? What should you look for when you are deciding on the regression testing tool of your choice?...
Download 8.1 today, and also benefit from:
- Recognition of objects in cross-domain iFrames for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer, even when browser security is enabled.
- Web testing with Firefox that is up to two times faster.
- Better on-screen guidance for integration with Microsoft Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC).
- If you are using the Ranorex Remote Pad to deploy tests to Ranorex Agents, now you can also use the Remote Pad to select a project and set a run configuration. This is beneficial when you have more than one test suite project in your Ranorex solution.
Benefits for TestRail users
Whether you are using an on-premise TestRail server or accessing TestRail in the cloud, now you can export test cases to Ranorex Studio for rapid automation, and get test run results back from Ranorex in real time. The integration allows QA staff to build a test suite describing all manual and automated test scenarios, and then export those to Ranorex Studio for automation. Testers of all experience levels can build automated tests that are stable and maintainable with Ranorex Studio’s easy click-and-go interface and reliable object recognition. Additionally, test automation engineers will appreciate Ranorex Studio’s full IDE that supports standard programming languages C# and VB.NET. Read more about Ranorex Studio’s features and supported integrations.
Benefits for Ranorex Studio users
Are you already using Ranorex Studio to automate your test cases? Now you can easily export your automated test cases to TestRail, and benefit from comprehensive QA dashboards and powerful management reports that combine all of your manual and automated testing activities. Generate traceability and coverage reports, track the progress of your testing in real time, review your team’s workload, and much more. Use the TestRail integration with defect tracking tools like FogBugz and JIRA to track all of your test cases, both manual and automated. When you execute tests in Ranorex Studio, test run results are automatically sent to TestRail in real time.
Watch our on-demand webinar
Mastering TestRail Integration: Boost productivity by combining Ranorex Studio test automation with TestRail test case management.
How the Ranorex Studio/TestRail Integration Works
Configure TestRail: To prepare TestRail for integration with Ranorex, follow the steps in the Ranorex User Guide chapter on TestRail Integration.
Configure TestRail test cases: Once the initial setup is complete, the next step is to mark any existing TestRail test cases that you wish to export to Ranorex for automation. To do so, set the “Automation Type” field to “Ranorex.” The rest of the integration is handled from Ranorex Studio.
Run the Ranorex Studio TestRail Wizard: The new TestRail wizard makes it easy to synchronize test cases between Ranorex Studio and TestRail. To access the wizard, from the Ranorex Studio menu, choose Tools > TestRail Integration > Start TestRail Wizard. For a demonstration of the wizard, watch the video below.
- A TestRail project = a Ranorex solution. Both a TestRail project and a Ranorex solution can contain multiple test suites. When you export a test project from Ranorex to TestRail, you can choose to import all of your test suites, or only selected ones.
- A TestRail test suite = a Ranorex test suite.
- A TestRail test case = a Ranorex test case. Synchronization between TestRail and Ranorex is at the test case level. This means that individual modules within a Ranorex test case appear in TestRail as descriptive text.
- A TestRail test case step = a Ranorex test module
- A TestRail section = a Ranorex smart folder (above the test case level). Because synchronization is at the test case level, smart folders within Ranorex test cases are ignored when importing into TestRail.
Test case synchronization
- When a test case is exported from Ranorex to TestRail, it is given the default Test Rail “Test Case” template.
- Test cases that are synchronized between TestRail and Ranorex Studio are marked in Ranorex Studio with a TestRail icon. You will also see a link to TestRail in the Ranorex Studio test case description column. Double-click the link in Ranorex Studio to open the corresponding test case in TestRail.
- Use the “Sync” button in the Ranorex TestRail wizard to synchronize new test cases and test sections.
- Structural changes to test cases are not included in the synchronization between Ranorex and TestRail. This is to prevent errors in test runs. So, if you delete, move or rename a test case in one system, you must manually delete, move or rename it in the other system as well.
There are many things you can expect when it comes to automated GUI testing such as increased reliability and cost savings.
Regression testing software can help automate your manual regression processes. Uncover what you should look for in the perfect software.
Knowing the difference between regression testing vs. functional testing can ensure that you’re running the right type of test during your software testing process.