Organizations today face multiple challenges, including stringent compliance requirements, a global shortage of workers and trends toward remote work. In this environment, many are turning to robotic process automation (RPA) to improve efficiency, as well as increase customer satisfaction and reduce risk.
What kinds of tasks can be automated?
RPA is ideal for predictable, repeatable, and rule-based processes, especially those that have structured data inputs such as spreadsheets or database files. Examples of these processes include:
- Data entry, backup, and transfer
- Invoice and order processing
- New employee onboarding
- Inventory management
- Customer support and call center operations
- Credit card processing
- Claims administration
If you are already using Ranorex Studio for test automation, then applying it for robotic process automation is a great way to get extra value from your existing licenses. Ranorex Studio’s test automation tools can easily be applied to perform repetitive tasks 24/7. Ranorex is especially useful for automating workflows for legacy applications that may not have an API, or for third-party applications.
What resources are available to help me?
We’ve put together some resources to help you get started with process automation in Ranorex:
- Join the discussion in our new Robotic Process Automation user forum
- Check out the FAQs on our Robotic Process Automation page
- Watch our on-demand webinar below, or check out our complete series of webinars and how-to videos on our YouTube channel
If you’re not yet a Ranorex Studio customer, download our free, full-featured trial to see how Ranorex can help you automate your business processes.
All-in-one Test Automation
Cross-Technology | Cross-Device | Cross-Platform